Managing long-term absent employees requires a cautious and proactive approach, or employers risk facing claims involving the whole gamut of employment law. Watch this webcast to understand how to:
- manage prolonged absences from work;
- identify the 'inherent requirements' of a position;
- consider 'reasonable adjustments';
- ensure compliance with the proposed amendments to Commonwealth anti-discrimination laws;
- determine what material to provide in an independent medical assessment;
- return employees to work on suitable duties; and
- evaluate relevant legal risks before a termination of employment.