Watch this HR Daily Premium webcast to understand key trends and lessons from 2021's unfair dismissal claims and what lies ahead in this jurisdiction.
HWL Ebsworth partner Brad Swebeck and senior associate Lily Schafer-Gardiner will cover:
- The Fair Work Act's unfair dismissal provisions, processes and claim statistics;
- Key trends in the types of claims employers have faced;
- FWC rulings involving termination for misconduct, poor performance, and more;
- Practical steps to mitigate and prevent exposure to claims; and
- Lessons and implications for 2022 and beyond.
About the presenters:
HWL Ebsworth partner Brad Swebeck has nearly three decades' experience in employment law, HR consulting, industrial relations and workplace strategy, and is regarded by many HR practitioners as one of the leading legal professionals in the field.
Senior associate Lily Schafer-Gardiner began her legal career with HWL Ebsworth in 2016 as a graduate-at-law, and has experience advising employers in conciliation and arbitration before commissions and local, district, supreme and federal courts. She also assists in workplace investigations and helps draft employment contracts and policies.
Visit the HWL Ebsworth website.